Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Australian Home Made Ice Cream (Antwerpen, Belgium)

De Keyserlei, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium

(this is a Belgian chain with almost 30 shops in the country)


Australian Home Made Ice Cream was founded in 1989 in Knokke, at the Belgian coast, and today has almost 30 franchises throughout the country. They have a broad range of ice cream flavors (overall they developed some 50 different ones) and also serve waffles. Prices vary by franchise, although not much.


To be honest, I am not a big fan of ice cream; I prefer sorbets, or water-based ice. Australian home made ice cream is very creamy and sweet. For me, this only works with a few tastes, notably butterscotch. So, I ordered a cone with one scoop, which cost me 2 euro (about 20 cents more expensive than the other franchise in Antwerp). The ice cream was very sweet and buttery, but I love the little chunks of brown sugar in it.


VERDICT: 72/100
Australian is for people who like really creamy and sweet ice cream. For lovers of Italian ice (cream), like me, there are few flavors that are acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment