Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tavelli (Santiago, Chile)

Av Apoquindo 4001, Locale 101, Santiago, Chile, T: 2-2245-6334

 
Tavelli is an Italian style gelateria, which serves coffee, entrees, gelato, salads and sandwiches, and sweets. It caters to the rich and has about ten locations in the nice areas of Santiago, including Providencia, where I visited two different locations.

While I thought I ordered a horn with two scoops, I actually get (and pay for) a Copa Due with about four or five scoops of two flavors (Ps 2.990 or ca. $4.75). The pistachio is smooth and tasty, if not remarkable, while the maracuyá (passion fruit) is very bitter and fresh. Delicious!


VERDICT: 91/100
Tavelli serves some of the best gelato I have tasted outside of Italy. It is (too) pricey, but still worth the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment