Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cindy’s Diner (Deitingen, Switzerland)

A1, 4543 Deitingen, Switzerland
 


Cindy’s Diner is a Swiss chain of 1950s US-style diners with three locations in Switzerland and four in Germany. I visit the Deitingen Süd location, tucked away in a tank station on the 1 between Bern and Zürich. It is a huge diner, including the obligatory Route 66 signs. They serve various types of burgers, including vegetarian ones, and “Cindy's fries,” chicken wings, ribs.


I get the “Gourmet Burger of the Month”, which is the Spanish Burger (CHF 14.50 or 20.90 as meal). It comes with melon dip, Serrano ham, and lettuce (I opt out of the Manchego cheese). The burger is grilled on a skillet and is very good for European standards, but the ham is a bit too salty and the melon dip is not my kind of thing. The bun is toasted but a bit dry. Overall a good burger, but next time I would go for a more classic choice. The fries are more Belgian than French, thick and double fried. Some of the best fries I have had outside of Belgium!



VERDICT: 89/100

Great place! US-style burger with Belgian-style fries for decent prices (for Switzerland).

No comments:

Post a Comment