Sunday, August 17, 2014

Taco Mac (Duluth, GA)

3543 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard, Duluth, GA 30096, T: 678-387-3403 



Taco Mac (or T.Mac) is a chain of sports bars that started in Atlanta and now has 30 locations in the Southeast (25 in Georgia, mostly in and around Atlanta). It serves ca. 100 beers on tap and 150 in the bottle, all-natural meats, and the menu includes a mix of classic pub food and classic Tex Mex. I had visited the Decatur location before, and really enjoyed it, so I decided to watch one of the World Cup games at the Duluth location, on my way back from dropping my wife off at Atlanta Airport.



I start out with the Chips and Salsa ($4.25), which is a big bowl of fresh thin chips and fresh thin salsa with a little kick. I continue with Six Wings ($6.95), which I get with "3 Mile Island" sauce, the third hottest they have. They come with one side, so I take French Fries. The fries are thin and salty, but not that crispy. The wings are very hot, or rather sharp (habanero and pepper), but a bit dry. On top of that, the service is pretty terrible: I wait more than 20 minutes for my order in a two-third empty restaurant.


VERDICT: 85/100

This score is based on both my experiences and I will return at another location to see which one was more representative. I hope the Decatur one, which was really satisfying in terms of food and service.

No comments:

Post a Comment