Friday, June 28, 2013

Douceur de France (Marietta, GA)

277 South Marietta Parkway SW, Marietta, GA 30064, T: 770-425-5050
1173 Alpharetta St., Roswell, GA 30075, T: 770-650-1173


Douceurde France is a posh French restaurant that specializes in sandwiches, crepes, salads, breads, and pastries. They have two locations, both in rich suburbs of Atlanta. I visit the Marietta location, where I hear a couple of people that work there speak French: a good sign!


My main interest is not lunch, however. I am there for some good bread and some original French pastries. The selection is impressive and the presentation makes me feel like I am in a truly French place.



I get one Almond Croissant ($2.50), which is quite chunky, very crispy, and simply delishes (not too sweet, not too nutty). The Pain au Chocolat ($2.05) is a bit chewy, and has an odd kind of salty taste to the dough, but the chocolate is very tasty and not overdone. Finally, the Beignet ($0.75) is small, but absolutely delicious. So fresh, flaky, sugary, and still not too sweet.



VERDICT: 93/100
Douceur de France serves some of the best French pastries in the United States. Moreover, unlike many of its competitors, they are quite affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment