Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Hungry Owl (Mobile, AL)

7899 Cottage Hill Rd, Mobile, AL 36695, T: 251-633-4479


The Hungry Owl is a nice spacy sports bar with gourmet bar food. It is remarkably quiet and features a real open kitchen. I had seen it on Man v Food, where Adam had eaten their Famous Stuffed Tony Burger. Unfortunately, these burgers are all made in the morning and contain cheese. :-( So, I had to go for an alternative, but fortunately there were many delicious options.


I opted for the Original Burger ($8.95) and added candied jalapenos (+$.99), crispy Cahuna bacon (+$1.79), Cahuna sausage, and creole BBQ sauce. The thick and juicy burger comes on a good bread bun. Mixed with the sweet bacon and meaty sausage tastes and a kick of the BBQ sauce and jalapenos: absolutely delicious! As a side I had the Slaw Louise, which is made with vinegar instead of mayo. Very light, very fresh, very good! My wife had the Alligator & Crab Cake Burger ($10.99), which tasted a bit like the perfect crab cake; creamy, meaty, crspy on the outside. The added candied jalapenos (+$0.99) gave it extra flavor.


VERDICT: 95/100
The Hungry Owl is a perfect place to eat high quality food, including a big tasty burger. I am sure the Tony is amazing and I hope to one day convince them to make one without cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment