Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Young's Drive In (Mount Vernon, OH)

206 Wooster Rd, Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050, T: 740-392-3238


Young's Drive In is an old-school drive in in a small town in Ohio, which clearly hasn't invested much money in it's looks since opening in, I guess, the 1950s. Although it offers hot food too, -including burgers, hot dogs, and even shrimp - it seems to mainly sell ice cream, slushes, and shakes. Particularly on the hot summer day that I am there (92 degrees!).


While all the kids in front of me order slushes, I fear brain freeze and decide to go for an ice cream. I choose the Buckeye Classic, which turns out to be a kind of mocha ice cream with big chunks of chocolate. It tastes very sweet, not my style.


NO VERDICT
As I only had one cone of ice cream, I don't feel I should judge the place. It seems to a be a regular small-town ice cream shop with very sweet ice creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment