Monday, June 22, 2015

Tasty Burger (Cambridge, MA)

40 John F. Kennedy St, Cambridge, MA 02138, T: 617-425-4444
 


Tasty Burger is a Boston chain of upscale fast-food restaurants with current five locations (including Fenway Park) and a food truck (bonus points!). My friend and fellow-burger connoisseur RS had driven me crazy with pictures of them on Facebook, so when I finally found myself in Cambridge, MA, he took me to the one on Harvard Square. Ironically, it now faces a Shake Shack, which is a very similar type of chain. Tasty Burger serves a variety of specialty burgers (beef, turkey, veggie), hot dogs, crispy chicken, etc.



I get the Big Tasty ($5.75) with 50/50 Fries & Rings ($5). The Big Tasty is a 1/3 lb patty, perfectly grilled (medium, as asked), with lettuce, pickle, red onion, tomato, and tasty sauce. Reminds me of the Shake Shack Burger, which is a compliment. The fries are crispy but relatively thin, while the onion rings are really onion strings, which is not really my thing. Both are well prepared, but lack strong flavor.



VERDICT: 91/100

Really good burger chain, but the sides are a bit underwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment