Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Milk & Mellow Burgers (Sao Paulo, Brazil)

Avenida Cidade Jardim 1085 - Itaim Bibi, Sao Paulo, 01453-000, Brazil, T: 11-3168-4516


I arrived in Sao Paulo during a tropical rain storm, so I didn't want to walk to far. Milk & Mellow Burgers was close to my hotel, so I went there. It was my first introduction to the essence of Sao Paulo: overpriced! As none of the six waiters in the fancy restaurant spoke English, I had a hard time navigating myself through the Portuguese menu. Despite the name, Milk & Mellow Burgers has an extensive menu with various burgers, sandwiches, salads, meats, shakes, and sucos (juices).


I went for a double burger special (= onion and pickles), mayo, and a warm tomato sauce (the waiter said it was ketchup) -- everything cost extra! I also got a portion of fries and a mixed juice. This came to a grand total of... R$48.40 (ca. $29)!!! The fries were not really potatoes and grossly undercooked (I barely touched them), while the mayo tasted like herbal butter. The burger tasted good, but there is simply too much on it (tomato, onion, gross mayo). The patties are juicy and the warm tomato sauce give a nice flavor. The juice is fresh but a it watery.


VERDICT: 62/100
A pretty good burger, but the rest is poor, and everything is simply way too exensive... even for Sao Paulo.

No comments:

Post a Comment