Monday, April 25, 2011

Burger Island (Carrollton, TX)

1208 East Belt Line Road # 108, Carrollton, TX 75006, T: 972-245-4621


When I was at the Burger Island, I thought it was an example of local Mexicans starting a burger joint without much money. I have seldom seen such a dump, in terms of interior. You could imagine that I was more than a little surprised when I found out online that Burger Island is actually a chain with 8 locations in the larger Dallas area.


Burger Island has burgers, sandwiches, and salads. All burgers are made from half a pound of 100% Angus beef. Although it is home to the Jungle Burger, I went for the Big Island Burger at $5.50. It is a huge burger that comes with sauteed onion, mushrooms, jalapenos, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles (I declined the American and Provolone cheeses). The end result was a huge, very tasteful burger, which didn't taste anything like a basic burger.


VERDICT: 91/100
Burger Island might look like a Hawaiian restaurant turned Mexican-burger joint (at least the one in Carrollton), it serves big, tasty burgers! Next time around, I will also sample the seasoned fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment