Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cheeburger Cheeburger (Chattanooga, TN)

138 Market St # A, Chattanooga, TN 37402-1029, T: 423-265-4108


As I only found out later, Cheeburger Cheeburger is a 1950s-style burger chain with 64 locations in the US and 1 in Kuwait. It specializes in burger, fries, onion rings, and shakes. I visited the one in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee. Their burgers range from quarterpound to pound and you can choose which cheese and other toppings you want to add.


While tempted to try the "Pounder Burger" challenge, I fortunately decided not to (as I learned a bit later that this required you wearing a silly hat and being made the center of attention in the restaurant). Hence, I ordered "The Serious", a half pound burger ($7.39), and added lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, roasted red peppers, and bbq sauce. I also got a half basket of "best of both" ($3.79) with creamy horseradish sauce ($.99). I topped everything off with a soda ($2.39). The burger was very tasty, but the consistency of the bun and patty was suspect; both fell apart while eating. The onion rings were freshly breaded and tasted great, the fries seemed fried, rather than deep fried, and weren't very good.


VERDICT: 86/100
Cheeburger Cheeburger is a nice burger chain, which offer big and tasty burgers, great onion rings, and decent fries (if you are into the fried type). Next time I will also try the shakes. The quality does come with a price though.

No comments:

Post a Comment