Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fox and Hound Bar & Grill (Charlotte, NC)

9325 Center Lake Drive, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28216, T: 704-509-2853




The Fox and Hound Bar & Grill is a chain of sports bars spanning almost half of the US territory; various are called Baileys. This Charlotte-Northlake location is in a nice outdoor mall in the north of Charlotte, just off the I-77. I make a stop here on my way to NYC, as I want to see my Colts clinch a playoff spot. They show all NFL games at the same time, but most screens are on the Carolina Panthers game). This Sunday it is absolutely packed, so I have to take a place in the bar section and look across most of the room to the one tv that shows the Colts game.




I start with an order of Champion Chicken Wings ($9.49), which is the second reason I stop here. I have read that they are the best in town (I didn’t know it was a chain). The ten wings are extremely crispy and dipped in a peppery buffalo sauce. Not as hot as some other buffalo sauces, but the pepper gives it an extra kick. While not the biggest, these wings are the best I had so far. (On the way back my wife and I stop here again and I have another order,  equally delicious, followed by an order of “hot honey” wings, which are good, but not as good as the “hot.”) I order the Chicken Tender Meal ($9.99) as an entrĂ©e, as a guy next to me is eating them, and they look amazing. Five huge chicken tenders in a crispy beer batter, which unfortunately works much better for fish. The BBQ sauce is spicy, the honey mustard creamy. The fries are not freshly made; thick, but not too crispy.




VERDICT: 97/85/100
This is a great sports bar (chain) with very decent food and fantastic hot wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment