Sunday, August 7, 2011

Redcoat Tavern (Royal Oak, MI)

31542 Woodward Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48073, T: 248-549-0300


The Redcoat Tavern is an established name in the best burger lists of Michigan. It is a huge English-type pub, extremely dark inside, and absolutely packed when I enter around lunch time on a Friday.


I order from the lunch menu and decide to go for the Brasserie Burger ($9.35): 1/2lb burger, bacon, caramelized onions, watercress, tomato, Dijon mustard, on a brioche bun (I opted out on the Swiss Gruyere). The burger is thick and perfectly grilled, the bacon is thick, crispy and full of flavor, and the whole experience is amazing. No wonder it was voted "best gourmet burger". I also ordered their onion rings ($5.65), which are another specialty: thick onion slices, lightly battered, and fried very crispy (enough for two).


VERDICT: 97/100
This is one of the best burgers I ever had and some of the best inion rings I ever had. Easily worth the rather steep price. Go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment