Friday, August 26, 2011

Marvin's (Greencastle, IN)

202 S College Ave, Greencastle, IN 46135, T: 765-653-9200


Marvin's is an institution in Greencastle, Indiana, popular among students and locals ('townies') alike. It is situated just off the campus of DePauw University, in an unmarked brick building. It offers general American snacks. I have eaten there a couple of times. Most of the time the service is slow and unfriendly.


For this review, I ordered the Garlic Hamburger ($4.50) and french fries ($1.50). The first are two small and dry grilled patties on two garlic breaded buns; no lettuce, tomato, or onion! The french fries are thick and come in large portions, but they are also often undercooked and soggy. At other times I had the chicken tenders (straight from Wal-Mart, I guess) and the BLT (few strips of bacon on a dry bun).


VERDICT: 51/100
I only go to Marvin's when I am (1) really hungry and (2) have forgotten how bad it is. Marvin's makes McDonald's taste good!

1 comment:

  1. I agree unfriendy, poor food, very over rated. Don"t know who marvin knows but he sure has gotten by the health dep. in Greencastle very well all these years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete