Monday, May 31, 2021

BurgerFi (Lawrenceville, GA)

 968 Duluth Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043

 


BurgerFi is one of the many newish upscale burger chains that has hit the US market in the last decade. Founded in Florida in 2011, it already has more than 100 locations in the US (and a few abroad too). It offers high-end burgers, chicken, hot dogs, and shakes (as well as salads). It not just offers various meat options (Angus beef and Wagyu + Brisket combination) but also vegetarian and beyond meat (and even a "Conflicted Burger" with one beef and one vegetarian patty).

 


I'm a bit overwhelmed by the choice and settle on The CEO ($9.97) and add a "Cry + Fries" ($5.97) and Spicy Mayo ($0.57). The CEO is two patties of Wagyu + brisket blend burger, homemade candied bacon-tomato jam, and truffle aioli (I exclude the aged Swiss cheese), which, like all sandwiches, comes on a branded bun. The burger is so moist and tender, and the meat is delicious, but I am not a big fan of the jam or aioli. Still enjoy it. The Cry and Fries is a mix of three huge onion rings and a big heap of medium-thick fries. The onion rings are among the best I ever had, thick fresh onion in thin coating. They go great with the Spicy Mayo, which tastes like a spicy Andalouse sauce. The fries are excellent. It is best to share between people, if you can work out who will get the second onion ring, as I leave almost half of the fries (even though it takes me 5 minutes to finally really stop eating, so delicious).

 


VERDICT: 97/100

Irrespective of my poor choice of burger, this is one of the best burger chains I have ever been to. In fact, I might go back soon to sample the SWAG (Spicy Wagyu) Burger, which is available for a limited time only.


UPDATE:

Just four days later I went back with my wife, for my birthday, and had the SWAG. It was indeed the better choice. While not as spicy as advertised, it had a nice heat to it. And, for the rest, it had the same delicious taste and texture of the bun and patties of The CEO. 

 


I also had a Banana-Churro Shake (bite me, it was my birthday!), which was just decadent. A creamy banana shake with pieces of banana and caramel in it, with two short, freshly fried pieces of churros in it. This is now officially my new favorite burger chain!

No comments:

Post a Comment