Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pappy's Smoke House (St. Louis, MO)

3106 Olive Street, St. Louis, MO, T: 314-535-4340


Pappy's Smoke House is a relatively new barbecue restaurant in St. Louis that has quickly won various awards. Located in the university area, it was packed on the sunny Saturday that M. and I came to town. You are not allowed to occupy a table before you have ordered your food, which guaranteed enough space despite the long line.


M. ordered a half slab of ribs with corn on the cob and potato salad on the side ($11.95), while I went for the sample platter with pulled pork, cole slaw and green beans ($10.99). The pulled pork was quite tender, the beans juicy, and the cole slaw very tasty. The ribs were meaty and had a sweet glaze, the corn was deep fried, and the potato salad was good. M and I had a debate about the ribs, as she loved the sweet glaze, whereas I am no fan for mixing sweet and meat. :-)


VERDICT: 88/100
Pappy's Smoke House is a good bbq place in St. Louis, but I am no fan of the sweet glaze. That said, the pulled pork was good and the cole slaw exceptional. Moreover, my wife loved the ribs!

No comments:

Post a Comment