Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oklahoma Smokehouse Barbecue (Eugene, OR)

1055 Hwy 99 North, Eugene, OR, T: 541-912-9674, E: meat-me@oklahomasmokehousebbq.com

BBQ is Oregon, I hear you think... really? Yes, really! The Oklahoma Smokehouse Barbecue is a small shack, with its own smoker behind it, on the parking lot of a big store at the side of a motorway. Not the most usual setting. And not a usual bbq place in the Northwest!


I ordered a sandwich combo for $7.50, which included a small pulled pork sandwich (with slaw), a side of coleslaw, and a can of diet coke. The counter had two different bbq sauces, one mild and one hot, both very dark and tasty. The sandwich was tasty and the slaw was very fresh and light (little mayo and, surprise, pieces of pineapple).


VERDICT: 77/100
Let's be honest, this is no top southern bbq, but it is very acceptable for the Northwest. If I have time, I'll definitely go back to taste the ribs!

No comments:

Post a Comment