Thursday, May 28, 2009

Market Stand (Packwood, WA)


After a beautiful drive through Mt Rainier National Park we drove to the tiny town of Packwood, Washington, where the semi-annual Packwood Flea Market was ongoing. In between the various makeshift stands with crap were many stands with all kind of greasy food. I chose for this one, of which I forgot the name, and ordered an "elk burger" at this nice woman.


As always at these kind of occasions, the burger was seriously overpriced (I believe it was $7). However, it was surprisingly tasty! The patty was square and thick with a lean and not too strong taste. In fact, it was better than many burgers I ate at allegedly great places.


VERDICT: 80/100
An elk burger is not just an exotic treat, it actually also tastes good; well, at least the one I had at this particular stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment