Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fired Up Bar-B-Que (Camdenton, MO)

770 E Hwy 54 Suite B, Camdenton, MO 65020, T: 573-873-2700


Fired Up Bar-B-Que is a new BBQ place in Camdenton, Missouri. While situated at a small strip mall outside of the center, it had decent business for a Saturday noon. It has the looks of a franchise, but as far as I know this is the only place (so far). It's menu is very extensive; although, when I was there they didn't have various items (e.g. brisket).


As it was noon, and I had something small before, I only had room for one sandwich. I made it a Sloppy Q, which came with one side for $6.79. The Sloppy Q is a combination of their meats with bbq sauce; at least, that was what they told me. It tasted very much like Fat Matt's chopped pork sandwich (which is a huge compliment). It wasn't as tangy, more sweet (the onions?), but it was very tasty. The cole slaw was less impressive; too creamy, too little taste, but the little piece of cornbread made me want to buy a whole loaf (for the record, I didn't!).


VERDICT: 87/100
Fired Up Bar-B-Que provides surprisingly good BBQ in a very unsurprising setting. Go for the Sloppy Q and make sure you get an extra piece of cornbread!

No comments:

Post a Comment