Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grillbilly's Drive In (Princeton, WV)

Princeton, WV, T: 304-487-2201


I came across Grillbilly's Drive In by accident, on my way to Starbucks for coffee and breakfast. I couldn't resist, and decided to go for a burger rather than a croissant; after all, it was already 11 am! Fortunately it was a pleasant morning, as Grillbilly's has no place inside, only one table with benches outside. It has a classic snack offering: burgers, hot dogs, and other fried meats.


As it was still morning, I only had place for a burger, no fries etc., but I made it a big one... the Big Evil Burger! The Big Evil come on a big mush bun, has a thick patty, three pieces of crisp bacon, lettuce, tomato, mustard, hot sauce, jalapeno peppers, and pickles. The Big Evil does almost everything perfectly... almost everything! Oddly enough, the burger itself wasn't convincing. The texture and taste were quite mediocre. That said, the Big Evil Burger is one tasty burger!


VERDICT: 83/100
Grillbilly's Drive In is a true snack shack run by two big tattooed guys. Based on my encounter with the Big Evil Burger, it is definitely worth a visit... if you ever find yourself in the neighborhood of Princeton, West Virginia.

2 comments:

  1. I don't blog--ever--but I couldn't resist. I ate at Grillbilly's and couldn't stop going. What an unusual name, concept, and generally unexpected experience deep in mountain country. And the two young men running the place didn't seem lkely restaurant owners, but were pleasant and accommodating. I hear they might be opening a second location in the spring. Maybe someday I can say I ate there when it first opened. Somebody had to be McDonalds first or second patron, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place.Do yourself a favor and check them out.You wont regret it.Oh yea and try the slaw dog.YUMMY

    ReplyDelete