Sunday, March 27, 2022

Zimbe Dogs (Anderson, SC)

206 W Franklin St, Anderson, SC 29624


Zimbe Dogs is a small hole-in-the-wall just outside of downtown Anderson, where you order through the window. They serve a broad variety of hot dogs but also burgers, wings, and various sides. The owner is friendly and very entrepreneurial, telling me all the specials for the next day.


I get a Chili Dog ($2.50), a Fire Dog ($3), and a Mammoth ($4). The Chili Dogs is just a hot dog with chili, which tastes a bit too sweet. The wiener is a overpowered by the bun. The Fire Dog turns out to be a Chili Dog with some crusted Fritos Flamin' Hot Flavored Corn chips on them. Tastes largely the same, just crunchier. The Mammoth is a sloppy joe, in this case a soft and sweet bun with yet the same chili. I’m happy I added jalapeƱos to it, as it is too sweet for me.


VERDICT: 80/100
Old school hole-in-the-wall with decent hot dogs and broad selection of other stuff. The chili is a bit too sweet for me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment