Monday, August 9, 2021

Íslenski Barrin (Reykjavik, Iceland)

1a Ingólfsstræti, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland



The Islenski Barrinn (Icelandic Bar) is a popular tourist destination that is known for its food and particularly its burgers. It’s very cozy inside and on this Wednesday mid-afternoon it is not too busy.
 

I get the Classic Icelandic Burger (ISK 2,440 or ~$19), which comes with waffle fries. I get it medium and to my surprise it is really cooked medium. This is one of the best smelling burgers I have ever eaten! The meat smells so good! It comes with lettuce, red onion, tomato, cucumber, and "burger sauce like they make it up North", which is a kind of sweet remoulade sauce, all on a big, a bit too dry, bun. Everything is fresh and, although I am not such a fan of sweet sauces, the burger overall tastes really good. The waffle fries are perfect fly crisp but coated, which is not really my thing.
 

VERDICT: 88/100
A very cozy and tasty burger place. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment