Tuesday, July 13, 2021

CharBar Co (Hilton Head Island, SC)

33 Office Park Rd #213, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928

 


CharBarCo has the best burgers and sushi on Hilton Head Island, according to the various wards the won. It’s a pretty big restaurant (particularly the patio) that has an eclectic mix of food, from classic US sports bar to sushi rolls and bowls.

 


I eat here with my family, who tell me the salads and sushi are good. I go for the Dirty South Burger ($22.75), which allegedly made the Top 20 in the World Burger Championship. It is described as “signature beef blend topped with smoked pork belly, red onions, tomato, candied jalapeños, bourbon bbq sauce, on a toasted brioche bun (I hold the pimento cheese). I ask for medium and I actually get medium! The burger is overall really well done, even though it is not my combination of flavors (too sweet). The side of Hand Cut Chips is good as are the French Fries, which my sons eat (thin but potato-y). My wife and I share a Double Chocolate Milkshake ($7), which is thick and tasty (not too sweet).

 


VERDICT: 89/100

This is a good place to eat and to pig out. The burger was expensive but very good. Next time I would build my own though.

No comments:

Post a Comment