Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Jackie's Dream (Knoxville, TN)

1008 E Woodland Ave, Knoxville, TN 37917

 


Jackie’s Dream is a fairly large and barren Southern food and hot chicken place in one of the lesser part of Knoxville. As I arrive, they are already closing but I can still get my order in. I get the Hot Knox Sandwich ($5.75) and a Hot Knox Tender ($2.25) as well as a side of slaw ($1.75). They are out of slaw, so I get potato salad (which I’m not a big fan ofy, so I don’t eat it). The sandwich is ENORMOUS! Three big and thick chicken tenders on two slices of white bread with lettuce, tomato and onion. The chicken is AMAZING! Lightly breaded but not crispy and with a serious but not overpowering heat. Some of the best hot chicken I have ever had.



VERDICT: 95/100

Get the Hot Knox Chicken sandwich, and maybe a slaw to cool off the heat a bit, and you’re Golden! Hot chicken as it should be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment