Friday, August 26, 2011

Divine 2 (Indianapolis, IN)

8748 W Washington St , Indianapolis, IN 46231, T: 317-248-9800


I have never seen Divine Bar-B-Cue (aka Divine 1) -- it is at 3017 Kentucky Ave, Indianapolis -- but must have passed Divine 2 at least 100 times over the past two years. Every time I notice the smoker in front of the shack, and think I should eat there... but then worry about eating bbq outside of the South. Today I went through the same doubts, but this time I turned around and finally went in. Glad I did!


I got a pulled pork sandwich combo meal ($7.50), which includes a side and a can of soda, and a hot link sandwich ($4.50). When the (very friendly) staff brought me my tray of food, I was underwhelmed. To be honest, it didn't look very nice. The pulled pork looked dry and pale, the sausage was huge, but kind of gross. How different did it taste. The little soft bun was covered with a big pile of very fresh and tender pulled pork (it could have used a little more sauce). The link was really hot and had a very soft texture. The slaw was fresh, but a bit too mayo-y for me.


VERDICT: 86/100
This is good bbq, particularly for a small shack just outside of Indianapolis. I shall definitely return to try some of the other dishes.

1 comment: