Monday, July 20, 2009

Brown's Diner (Nashville, TN)

2102 Blair Blvd, Nashville, TN 37212, T: 615-269-5509


This dark, shady pub in downtown Nashville allegedly has the best burgers in town. The menu is very limited, particularly with regard to burgers: hamburgers and cheeseburgers. The do offer various other dishes, including some bbq staples. To be honest, my expectations weren’t high when I ordered.


I got a hamburger ($3.99), a small cup of chili ($3.50), and a side of coleslaw ($1.75). The hamburger was quite small, but thick and juicy. It came with lettuce, onion, tomato, pickles, and… mustard! Odd, I hear you think. Yes, but very tasty too! Similarly, the cheeseburger (with mayo instead of mustard; $4.25) received raving reviews from my friends. The chili was very acceptable, although a bit too beany and salty for me. The coleslaw was not very creamy, which I like, but could have been tastier. The fries, which were ordered ‘for the table’, were very disappointing – thin yet still a bit soggy.


VERDICT: 76/100
Brown’s Diner is an experience for sure. However, when you go there, stick with the burgers! They are really good, although they look and sound very average, they are definitely among the better burgers I had. Unfortunately, the rest of the menu doesn’t meet the same high standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment